Hancock Auxcomm Team was established in 2018 and is an ARRL Affiliated club.
Cold Weather Reporting Criteria
HIGHEST PRIORITY Items (important whether or not SKYWARN has been activated):
Other Priority Items:
- Any deaths or injuries associated with hazardous weather.
- Damaging wind gusts of 58 mph or higher, whether or not accompanied by a thunderstorm.
- If you are unsure of the speed, report any downed trees or power lines or structural damage to homes (e.g. slates off roof, antenna downed).
- Flooding of streams and rivers onto roadways, homes or businesses.
- Urban flooding significant enough to make roadways or underpasses impassable.
- Two inches of rain within a twelve hour period.
- One inch of rain in an hour in urban areas.
- Heavy accumulation of ice which downs trees or power lines.
- Ice jams on rivers or streams which produce flooding.
Please use the following criteria to report snowfall:
- Estimated wind gusts from 40-57 mph.
- Freezing rain or sleet occurring when none is forecast.
- A thunderstorm in progress when none is forecast.
- Presence of rain when only frozen precipitation is forecast (sleet, snow, and/or freezing rain).
- Rain or snowmelt which causes minor roadway flooding or flooding of streams.
- Blowing or drifting snow which closes roadways.
- Snowfall Reporting Criteria:
- When snow accumulates 1 inch (especially if none is forecast).
- When snow accumulates 3 inches (the NWS issues an advisory for 4 inches).
- When snow accumulates 5 inches (the NWS issues a warning for 6 inches).
- When snow accumulates 1 inch per hour.
- Storm Total Snowfall
Copyright © Hancock Auxcomm Team (WV8HAT) All Rights Reserved.